nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Problems with Honeycrisp Apples

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <ed.fackler@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Problems with Honeycrisp Apples
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 09:31:41 -0400

Ginda:

     Am glad you referenced this primarily because I'd like to invite NAFEX members to mark their calendar for the Annual Meeting of Midwest Apple Improvement Ass'n (MAIA) who has used Honeycrisp in many crosses in attempts to address some, if not most of these problems.

     Although more details will appear later, this year's meeting will be held at Dawes Arboretum near Newark, OH (www.dawes arb.org) on Sat. Nov. 3.  Dawes is one the best kept secrets of diverse plantings east of the Rockies.  Additionally the crux of the meeting is the evaluation process of finding candidates for additional (cared-for) propagation/testing.

ed

On 5/20/07, list@ginda.us <list@ginda.us> wrote:

On May 19, 2007, at 8:54 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

>     This is a link for an article expounding on all of the problems
> associated with growing Honeycrisp Apples commercially:
>
> http://www.fruitgrowersnews.com/pages/arts.php?ns=620

I'm surprised by all the troubles folks have storing it
commercially.  Of all the apples I've tossed in my fridge, it
probably keeps the best.

Ginda

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.