nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Problems with Honeycrisp Apples

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Problems with Honeycrisp Apples
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 13:55:13 -0500

Over the past three years, we have planted over 1,000 new honeycrisp trees as well as another 2,000 divided between Ginger Gold, Early Auvil Fuji, Granny Smith, Sansa, Jonamac, Suncrisp, Crispin and Royal Cortland. The honeycrisp trees have not been a problem for us and are producing well after only three years. We have had to do no thinning, and find the B9 root stock not over vigorous. B9 is just the opposite and we have to fertilize annually to produce the equivalent growth of M26. According to the article, we should be having problems that we have not experienced as of yet. The only problem we have is trying to determine how much we should charge for them!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com