nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Building a fence against deers

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Building a fence against deers
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:03:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have been less than thrilled with some of these
plastic mesh fences. First of all, other wildlife had
a tendency to get tangled up and thrash around until
they died (snakes, birds etc) Secondly, eventually
the deer would batter it down. A 6 foot high 4-strand
electric fence baited with tinfoil and peanut butter
for training has worked great in the year it's been up
around my backyard orchard and garden.

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2950848

http://www.northcoastweb.com/deerfence/deercontrolframe.html.