nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw-Paw Seed Size

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw-Paw Seed Size
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:28:57 -0400

the only seedling characteristic it might lead to is first year
seedling size. All other things being equal, the biggest seed probably
has the most food reserves and will produce the biggest initial
growth. Larger chestnuts certainly result in larger seedlings the
first year for me. Of course this won't make a bigger final tree, but
that little head start will help it get there sooner.

-matt