nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: [rarefruit] Discussion aims of the group

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: [rarefruit] Discussion aims of the group
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:08:41 -0400

From: rob hamilton

(regarding exotic) * I put this in quotes because exotic very relative term. Muscidines and Mayhaws to someone in CA is exotic, but I remember these at the corner store as a kid.

Hello Rob,

I agree.

Isn’t a great apple difficult to grow in Florida due to a lack of chilling hours?  So a grower of great Florida apples would also be dealing with a very rare fruit.

Later,

Tom