nafex - Re: [NAFEX] was freeze, now grafting persimmons

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] was freeze, now grafting persimmons
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 05:07:42 -0500

I have an american persimmon grafted on a D. Lotus rootstock. It's still fully dormant. Lucky's bark grafting method works great as well as other methods. Mike McKoncky of edible landscaping, does bud grafting while dormant and have a very high success rate. Basically he slices the bark and inserts a small dormant persimmon bud, wraps it and once it takes cuts the top off.

Bass