nafex - [NAFEX] Request from NY Times.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Request from NY Times.
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:58:27 EDT

Hello NAFEX Net,

The following came to me and am passing it on. Here is an opportunity to spread the word about the joys of orcharding (except this cold spring) and plug NAFEX in the process.

The message is self explanatory.

Jerry

Dear Jerry,

I’m wondering if you know any second home owners who have orchards on their properties – I’m researching an article for the NY Times Escapes section.

I’d like to contact people who have orchards - of any size - by their second homes/cabins/cottages; the idea being that some people discover an orchard on their property, or perhaps are enticed to buy because of an existing orchard.

Here’s how my editor describes the story:

“...many people who buy a ‘country house’ find themselves with a derelict orchard. What a romantic idea! Our own fruit trees! But it turns out that reviving an orchard may be a lot more work than some people think.”  We’re looking for “people who have found themselves with this problem [who can] recount some of their experiences”... We’re also looking “to talk to some experts on the whole orchard question.”

Thanks for your consideration. Have a great weekend.

Best wishes,

Ellen Maguire, emaguire1@nyc.rr.com
212.663.5586
917.532.6155

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

  • [NAFEX] Request from NY Times., Jwlehman, 04/13/2007