nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Attachments -- mercy on the narrowbanded

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Attachments -- mercy on the narrowbanded
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:42:24 -0400

Hello,

To really reduce the size of photos save them into the GIF format.  This can be done simply with the Microsoft Paint program found in the Accessories.  Colors may change slightly, but usually not significantly.

Most of the time these minor color changes do not affect NAFEX usage, which is simply a reference image.

A JPG file has millions of colors, where a GIF has thousands of colors.  The more colors, the larger the file becomes.

Later,

Tom