nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tri Lite -- really zone 7?

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tri Lite -- really zone 7?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:59:10 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I don't know if it is really that cold-sensitive. I've grown it in Zone 8
(borderline Zone 7) and there was nothing unusual about its bloom time, so
the limitation doesn't appear to be in chill hours. The coldest temperatures
it saw were in the teens, but that happened a couple of days after 80 degree
plus weather. No damage to speak of.

The fruits are very low acid. Good and sweet, but not a very complex flavor.

Why not try it and keep us in the loop as to how it does in your area?

Anton
Zone 8, but we had snow last weekend.