nafex - Re: [NAFEX] broken grape and grafting

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] broken grape and grafting
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:23:11 -0700

The vine WILL grow back and more. Grafting a broken limb on a vine is a waste of energy as the bleeding of the vine makes it very hard to get a good union.
Your vine is most likely actually something like Himrod, as there are no commercially available seedless forms of Niagara.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For growing supplies and more; http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com