nafex - Re: [NAFEX] broken grape and grafting

  • From: "Jenny Ruth Yasi" <voices@maine.rr.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] broken grape and grafting
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:12:29 -0400

(I've been enjoying everyone's conversation.Thank you all for very informative reading! Poor bees. All the ones on Peaks Island have disappeared this year too.).

Snow fell off my roof and totally broke my Niagara white seedless (yummy) grape, right at the old part of the vine. The old part was getting too long anyway, but sigh, hate to lose the whole vine. Anyway to save it?

IE: Is it possible to graft into the oldest part of a grape vine? I mean, why not just drill a hole partway into the cambium, and stick one of the shoots in there? Yea or nay? Or maybe?

Thanks! Yasi