nafex - [NAFEX] Recent cold-snap

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Recent cold-snap
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:28:46 -0500

Some call Minnesota "The Icebox of the Nation." There is a real advantage to living here in zone 3; plants seem to know when to start leafing out and when to not begin growing. I had unseasonably warm weather too and not one of my plants anticipated the growing season. My zone 4 and 5 plants behaved themselves too. The only plants that 'jumped the gun' were the Maple trees. I sympathize with all of you folks who experienced freeze damage and it looks as though it will be business as unusual in 2007 here at Brambleberry Farm.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Recent cold-snap, Jim Fruth, 04/08/2007