nafex - Re: [NAFEX] foundation of agriculture

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] foundation of agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:53:43 -0400

On Apr 7, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Thomas Olenio wrote:

<x-tad-bigger>My underlying point being that preaching to farmers and agriculturists about the virtues of organic and standard agricultural practices will not change consumer demand one iota, and its consumer demand that drives commercial agricultural practice.</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>

Preaching rarely works, on anybody. But I know organic growers who have gradually increasing numbers of other organic farms all around them. They don't preach; they just do a good job. Their neighbors notice the results. Success also drives agricultural practice.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly