nafex - Re: [NAFEX] foundation of agriculture

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] foundation of agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:09:54 -0400

Hi,

My underlying point being that preaching to farmers and agriculturists about the virtues of organic and standard agricultural practices will not change consumer demand one iota, and its consumer demand that drives commercial agricultural practice.

Later,

Tom

PS: We have tobacco farmers in Ontario crying for a bailout to switch from tobacco to standard crops with the shrinking market demand.  Their greed exceeded their reach.  They gambled, lost and now want a public bailout for a crop that killed hundred of thousands of the public.  Really bad business people in my estimation.