nafex - [NAFEX] Sprayer cleaning

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sprayer cleaning
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:10:18 -0400

Hello All,

I have a question for all small, pump sprayer users…

I have two one gallon, pump sprayers, and no matter how diligent I am with rinsing either with water, and water with dish soap after usage, I cannot get half way through spraying my one gallon of spray, without the darn tip clogging.

I premix my powders with warm water in a glass jar, shake them up, then add that concentrate to sprayer.  I even use reverse osmosis filtered water thinking that hard water was my issue and I still have tip clogging problems.

Is there a secret to prevent tip clogging in small pump sprayers?  I am totally frustrated and disgusted with the tip clogging problem at this point.

I have even filled them with warm soapy water after rinsing and allowed that to all spray out, and still I get the problems.  Should I use vinegar or ammonia as a final rinse?

Thanks,

Tom