nafex - [NAFEX] Apple scions with green tip showing - still viable for grafting?

  • From: Drevniok <colleendaly@videotron.ca>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple scions with green tip showing - still viable for grafting?
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:12:03 -0400

I just received my apple scions; some buds are showing a green tip; can I still use these scions?
If so, should I remove the buds with green tip (they are near the top of the scion)?
In fact, does it matter if the buds have broken dormancy? Unfortunately,
I will not be grafting for 3 more weeks (when I receive my rootstocks). I have the scions stored in the refrigerator now. Thanks.

Peter Drevniok
Gatineau, Quebec (zone 4b)

  • [NAFEX] Apple scions with green tip showing - still viable for grafting?, Drevniok, 04/04/2007