nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hard Freeze

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hard Freeze
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:51:11 -0500

Well, we had 16F on our thermometer this morning as the overnight low. I'm afraid that means the end of this year's apricot and peach season. Darn it! Everything was looking so good, too.

Hello, neighbor. I just caught the local weather on TV. It got down to 23 here, and this is forecast as our "warmest low" of the next five days, dropping to 16 degrees by Saturday. It seems like every day they drop it another degree or four.

Not at all unusual for this time of year, except for the month of very warm weather that preceded it (but that's not all that unusual, either, I guess).

Bill
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5)

--
Reading is the basics for all learning. - George W. Bush

  • [NAFEX] Hard Freeze, TIM INMAN, 04/04/2007
    • Re: [NAFEX] Hard Freeze, William C. Garthright, 04/04/2007