nafex - Re: [NAFEX] They are predicting lows ...

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] They are predicting lows ...
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

I should have mentioned the planting sites are all but ready, and actually
the only
place I have for heeling-in IS the main planting site! Might as well plant,
as
heel-in. I was wondering more about timing vs roots' tolerance to cold: is
it worth
hurrying to do the planting during the week, or OK to stash them back into
the shed
til the weekend?

--- "Brungardt, Sam" <> wrote:

> I'd take them out of their bags and heal them in (dig a slanting trench
> and lay the trees so that part of the tops will stick out when the
> trench is filled) until the weather settles down. -- Sam Brungardt, St.
> Paul, Minn.

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.