nafex - [NAFEX] scions growing

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] scions growing
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:31:14 -0600

Yes I have scions growing.  Too bad they're not on the tree!

Made a bad mistake.  I had some stored scionwood in the refidgerator.  The fridge was a little cold and freezing things on the top shelf.  A few weeks ago I turned it up (and my sweetheart turned it up some more) now I have scionwood breaking dormancy, Ahhhhrrrrr!  I'm most concerned about the pecan wood.  It is barely breaking dormancy in the fridge, buds just beginning to swell.  Is there any chance this wood is still graftable?  I turned the refridgerator back down, but we are still at least a month away from the warm temps to try to graft.

Mark
Zone 5 Kansas