nafex - Re: [NAFEX] temp to hold grafts at to callous

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] temp to hold grafts at to callous
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:06:02 -0500

Grafts of what? Optimum temperatures vary for different species; 38 sounds
reasonable for apples, but stone fruits need a higher temp, 60 sounds like
optimal for apricots (but don't quote me, as I don't have any references
handy, so I might be off a few degrees).

I would like to hear/see/read any recent detailed info/studies on the subject
of optimum temps for callusing.

Jim