nafex - [NAFEX] Sorbus on Pyrus rootstock

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sorbus on Pyrus rootstock
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 05:41:17 -0500

I got some scions of Sorbus varieties from a good friend, but I don't have sorbus rootstock. I was wondering how successful is grafting sorbus on pyrus rootstock? specifically I have Pyrus Betulifolia, I can also try grafting it on the common pear rootstock OH.
I had no problem grafting Shipova which is Sorbus x Pyrus into P. Betulifolia or the OH roostock. Would just plain Sorbus work on pyrus?
Thanks

Bassem Samaan
Bethlehem, pa
Zone 6