nafex - Re: [NAFEX] In Search of Strange Plants!

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] In Search of Strange Plants!
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:42:30 -0500

Hi Ethan. Prickly Ash is also very good at suckering and running, I'd
even say much more vigorous than the others in the upper midwest
habitats I've seen. I've seen it just covering acres of old field in
wisconsin, and to a lesser degree here in michigan. Anyways. I have
some 4 inch seedlings of stolonifera, along with a batch of seed
stratified. It's all frozen and snowed in right now, but if you'd like
in the spring, i can send a plant or dig out some seeds or sprouts.
Remind me then!

-matt