nafex - [NAFEX] Ammonium Availability

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ammonium Availability
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:32:57 -0600

Rodney,
1) Since Ammonium Nitrate is being used for explosives where you live, can't you buy some from whomever is doing the blasting?

2) Do you have a fertilizer store that serves farmers? I have such a store here but the fellow who runs it pleads ignorance to most of my questions and requests. I got the name of his supplier and I have my orders shipped to the fertilizer store. Maybe if you made a call to the supplier, they'd send it to you via UPS or SPEEDY. Contact Ervin Bjerga at 1-800-982-5337. Bjerga's is in Motley, Minnesota.

3) Name a chemical that can be used for fertilizing or gardening and you can obtain it from J.R. Johnson (Greenhouse) Supply in Woodbury, Minnesota. Call John McGowan, Manager, Growers Supplies at 1-800-652-9022 and set up an account and they'll ship anything you need. They sell Ammonium Nitrate and Ammonium Sulfate. I use Ammonium Sulfate to maintain acidity in my Blueberry and Huckleberry patches.

4) If it is Ammonium Nitrate that you want, I'd suggest you drive to J.R. Johnson to pick it up because IF (IF!!!!) you can find a carrier to ship it to you, you are going to pay a fortune. The Ammonium Nitrate will cost you $13.75 (plus tax) for a 50 lb. bag and the trucker might charge you hundreds to haul even one bag. When I need Ammonium Nitrate, I take some 5 gallon buckets to the bulk fertilizer dealer in Pierz, Minnesota and convince the guy that I'm not planning to blow up city hall.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

Can you tell me where I can buy some
Ammonium? Ammonium nitrate is used in huge quantities as an explosive where
I live and you don't need dynamite to set it off. Just mix it with some
diesel fuel and then it can be set off with the primer from a rifle
cartridge, but I am more interested in learning where to purchase some
Ammonium. I have never seen it on the shelves of a store anywhere.

Rodney

  • [NAFEX] Ammonium Availability, Jim Fruth, 01/17/2007