nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cat pee currants

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cat pee currants
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 04:04:57 -0500 (EST)

Most people do not like most black currants fresh.

Almost everyone likes almost all black currants cooked, and likes them
a lot.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Richard MURPHY wrote:

Hi;

Richard Murphy here.

This group is awesome !!
I have learned and shared a lot.

My wife and I, both sampled Consort Currants at the same time.
Exactly the same time.
We looked at each other, winced, cringed, and began spitting them out.

"Cat Pee" was nominated as the aroma, and the (estimated) taste.

Since then, I've been told that other varieties are much better.
That's nice. I will try any fruit. "Exploring" we go, with no agenda.....

"Profoundly Repulsed" was I, by these berries, and that is what I have to
share.
My experience; un-cut and candid.

Richard Murphy