nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nebraska Aronia

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nebraska Aronia
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:42:54 -0800

I have Aronia and have eaten them fresh. The ones I've eaten were sweet, but with a touch of astringency. Not enough to be a problem, but enough that after a while you don't feel that much like eating more of them. They do get high sugar. I've tested them at over 24 Brix in late August.
-Lon Rombough