nafex - [NAFEX] More on Aronia

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] More on Aronia
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:48:34 -0600

Bill,
I, going to have to side with the folks who say that Aronia will grow well anywhere. I have two plantings one in sand @ pH 6.5 and another in black dirt @ pH 7.3. Both have proven to be drought tolerant. One gets full sun - the other gets morning sun. BTW, I got my first 8 plants from Hartmann Plant Company.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

Note that I also heard different things about Aronia's requirements. One
place said it required "a damp, acid soil" - another that it would grow
well anywhere. I also heard that it would tolerate partial shade,... and
that it wouldn't. Like everything else on the Internet, it's hard to
know who to believe. (I definitely trust this list much more!)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5)