nafex - Re: [NAFEX] jam making/white grape juice concentrates in place ofthe sugar

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] jam making/white grape juice concentrates in place ofthe sugar
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:19:11 -0700

I make fruit butter. Mostly plum.Some apricot, some peach. The recipe is
simple. Put washed pitted plums in a pot and cook them down on low heat
till you have about 1/3 to 1/4 of the volume you started with. Good stuff.
I here date butter is excellent too but here in Idaho I am having a lot of
trouble getting my date to set fruit.