nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 47, Issue 19

  • From: Rondi <nafex@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 47, Issue 19
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:07:43 -0600

This sounds very interesting. To a quart of berries how much honey would you need?

Rondi

On Dec 12, 2006, at 3:24 PM, nafex-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jellymaking Without Pectin

Don,

This method works quite well with Blackberries and
Raspberries. I add a little bit of honey and just
cook it. Once it reaches the right temperature, it
will also pass the spoon test without adding pectin.
Raspberries actually have a fair amount of pectin in
them, blackberries less but still enough. I haven't
ever tried this with strawberries but they are also
supposed to be lower in pectin.

Michael
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.

Goethe

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 47, Issue 19, Rondi, 12/20/2006