nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jellymaking Without Pectin

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jellymaking Without Pectin
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:52:03 -0600

My grandmother and mother both advised that including some berries that
are not fully ripe will help a lot in making sure a jelly or jam jells.
They also liked the added tartness that these berries lend the finished
product. For example, include some blackberries that are at the red
stage of ripeness. They also did this when they made pie. -- Sam
Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.