nafex - [NAFEX] steamer

  • From: "TIM INMAN" <TIM@HISTORICINTERIORS.COM>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] steamer
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:02:23 -0600

My wife is the cook, I'm the 'pot walloper'.  BUT, the steamer came with instructions on fruit syrups - you add Suregel type product and cook it up.  Seems to me they are just making 'poor' thin jelly.  It tastes great though.

Another thing she has been doing that is just superb is drying and condensing apple cider.  Puts it in pans I made for our dryer and evaporates off the water.  We get 1pt of condensed cider/syrup from 1 gallon of cider.  It is outstanding, but rich.

Fun with Food out on the Farm,

Tim Inman
Randolph, IA

  • [NAFEX] steamer, TIM INMAN, 12/11/2006