nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 45, Issue 34

  • From: Bob Melvin <hasnah8@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: rfmelvin@ncsu.edu, Bob Melvin <hasnah8@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 45, Issue 34
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding the second paragraph of Jim Fruth's message below my reply:

I was not recommending sewage sludge, I was merely saying that I
had used it some, and had helped add it to my cousin's garden soil many
years ago. In fact it has been almost exactly 35 years since we did
that. Something that I would certainly not do these days would be to
eat root vegetables grown in soil that has received sewage sludge,
although we did just that 35 years ago! The recent scare with the
tainted spinach sent me to the Internet looking into the Escherichia
coli strain that had caused the illnesses and death. I had no idea
that that pathogenic strain was so wide-spread. My late mother was
finicky about cleanliness, and now, so am I!

I must add that my cousin who used the sludge has always had
excellent health. He is truly a health advocate! (He is Dr. A.J.
Bullard and has been very active in NAFEX matters. I'm sure many
members know him.)

--"Bob Melvin" <hasnah8@yahoo.com>, <rfmelvin@ncsu.edu>
Ph. 919-215-2814 (Anyone may call at any time.)

Message: 6