nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Trace elementsr

  • From: spidra@speakeasy.net
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Trace elementsr
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:00:25 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ginda Kaplan Fisher [mailto:list@ginda.us]
> Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:41 AM
> To: 'North American Fruit Explorers'
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Trace elementsr

>(My guess is it moves like calcium.)

It seems this is true. At least in people.

> There's some
> kind of kale or something that's grown on purpose in lead-heavy soil to
> clean up the soil. (The crop is disposed of as hazardous waste.) Root
> veggies vary a lot, but can also have high lead loads, maybe just
> because they are so close to the source?

I tried a quick search to see if I could find out what plants could be used
for bioremediation, but didn't find anything exactly. But there's a
discussion on a permaculture list about this topic:

http://www.ibiblio.org/london/orgfarm/permaculture/permaculture-discussion-forum-archives/archive/msg00504.html