nafex - Re: [NAFEX] parafilm

  • From: "Mark and Piper" <piper33@verizon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] parafilm
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 06:41:03 -0700

Rob,
I took a college class on plant propagation. We had a misting bench where we dipped sticks in rooting hormone, stuck the sticks into sand, and then turned on a mister that kept the humidty high. The sand was heated. The succes rate with rooting was high. I have been wanting a set-up like this ever since. I wonder if parafilm could take the place of the mister?

I'm trying to understand your rooting method. When you prepare a stick for rooting, do you wrap the whole thing in parafilm and then stick it in a pot of dirt? Do you use rooting hormone? How often do you water? What plants works well for you this way?
-Mark Lee, Edmonds