nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Quince recipies and "fruit of the quarter?"

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Quince recipies and "fruit of the quarter?"
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:06:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thanx for all the suggestions. I think I have enough to try all of them. Sound like this might be something I may need to collect more of.

This bring up another issue, what ever happend toe the "fruit of quarter" section in Pomona? Did that not work out?

Rob

martha_davis@highstream.net wrote:
Rob

In additional to apple recipies, the Cydonia that I had made excellent compote
and fruit leather. All that pectin makes a nice texture. I think I ran across
a recipie for a compote where ypu took Asian pears, quince and European pears.
Cook slowly over low heat covered with a bit of honey and a pinch of allspice.
If needed also add a bit of water, but that will depend on the fruit. Quince
sauce is good flavored with coriander and honey. There are also some good
quince paste candy recipies. Basically equal parts quince pulp and sugar.
Cook untill thick, stir in chopped black walnuts if available, pour onto
greased shallow cookie sheet, let set. Cut into pieces and roll in powdered
sugar. Store air tight.

Martha

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.