nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Quince recipies

  • From: martha_davis@highstream.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Quince recipies
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:28:33 -0400

Rob

In additional to apple recipies, the Cydonia that I had made excellent compote
and fruit leather. All that pectin makes a nice texture. I think I ran
across
a recipie for a compote where ypu took Asian pears, quince and European pears.
Cook slowly over low heat covered with a bit of honey and a pinch of allspice.
If needed also add a bit of water, but that will depend on the fruit. Quince
sauce is good flavored with coriander and honey. There are also some good
quince paste candy recipies. Basically equal parts quince pulp and sugar.
Cook untill thick, stir in chopped black walnuts if available, pour onto
greased shallow cookie sheet, let set. Cut into pieces and roll in powdered
sugar. Store air tight.

Martha