nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Moving apple trees

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <ed.fackler@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Moving apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:49:57 -0500

Paul:

      You can successfully transplant those trees in your area anytime after around Oct. 15-20.
ed

On 9/25/06, Paul Cabe <CabeP@wlu.edu> wrote:
I have decided I must move about 6 young apple trees.  They were planted last spring, and some the spring before.  Most are on semi-dwarf rootstocks (Geneva 11 and 16).

I'd appreciate advice on logistics - when is the best time to do this?  Any other specific advice?

thanks,
Paul
Zone 6, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Paul R. Cabe, PhD