nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting Sick from Wild Mushrooms

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting Sick from Wild Mushrooms
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:00:04 -0500

   "I used to get sick every time I ate a wild mushroom for the first time.  No, none of them were poisonous."

That's pretty funny.  I used to sit around and wait to die every time we'd tried a new kind of mushroom, but actually have never had a single symptom.  Eventually when I'd built up a repertoire of about 25 common species  I stopped trying to find new kinds to eat.  I'm happy with the ones I know.
    My husband is convinced that I didn't pick up a whole lot of programming from the older generation because I simply wasn't paying attention....       Donna