nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Morus Nigra for Zone 6

  • From: william anderson <dekalbman2@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Morus Nigra for Zone 6
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Bassem, I live in central Illinois where there are black fruited Mulberries abound in the wild. I'm not sure of the species. Most are very sweet and juicy. They are so abundant that they are a pest as the birds spread them everywhere and the droppings stain clothing and vehicles bright purple. I can't understand why you wonder if there are any Mulberries for your area.

Bassem Samaan <bassem@gardener.com> wrote:
Matt, the Kokuso sounds very promising for zone 6. Unfortunatly Cliff England was sent to Iraq for military. No one is running the nursery for him. His website is http://www.nuttrees.net/ . I hope yours bears fruits. Would love to obtain cuttings.
Bass,
zone 6
Bethlehem, Pa