nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peaches

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:58:47 -0700

Many years ago I wrote a review of non-grape wines, including peach. There
are some specialty fruit-wine producers (I'm not sure why when they say
fruit wine they mean 'not from grapes') producers here in CA then and now.
I couldn't find any palatable peach wine. They were either unripe-tasting
or too sweet. Maybe somebody, somewhere, makes a decent one now, but I
haven't read of one. I think it's just a difficult fruit. Maybe someone on
the list has had a good experience.

Stephen