nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Watermelon end rot

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Watermelon end rot
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:59:23 -0700

Have you added calcium to the soil, or tested for calcium?

Although your watering pattern is okay for tomatoes, it might be just
stressful enough for the watermelons to contribute to the problem. It may
be, too, that watermelons want more calcium than tomatoes.

Just some guesses. Regardless, I'd check calcium levels or add calcium.

Stephen