nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Caffeine concentration?

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Caffeine concentration?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:40:00 -0700

You need to know whether you want 2% by weight or 2% by number of molecules.
Water molecules are much smaller than caffeine molecules, so there's lots of
them in a gallon, and it takes many caffeine molecules to make 2%.

By molecular concentration, you'd need 1¾ lbs.

I would think you need 2% by weight. A gallon of water weighs about 3783
grams; 2% of that is about 75 grams.

Stephen