nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wine fining

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wine fining
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 09:37:55 -0400

Hello,

Jack Keller has a great wine making page. He offers basic and advanced instruction;

Basic
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/basics.asp

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/advbasic.asp

Main Winemaking page
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp

He also has many, many different "recipes" for fruit wine. My advice... Winemaking can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The winemaking process can be sped up with the addition of chemicals but great wine can be made from the most basic of equipment. Fruit, yeast, pail, 2 glass bottles (carboys) and a siphon hose.

The old wine master that taught me always says the main ingrediant in wine is patience, and you cannot buy that.

Later,
Tom