nafex - Re: [NAFEX] other wildlife-feeding

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] other wildlife-feeding
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:10:20 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2006 5:54:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, interverbis@videotron.ca writes:

I am experimenting with a radio. I have purchased a cheap portable emergency
radio working on 2 "AA" bateries, as the deers enter the far end of the
valley where it is too far for running electricity (at least for a trial).

Hello,

This didn't work as a preventive for myself.

Placed the radio in a bucket laying on the side for rain protection. Turned up volume to max. About third night later I went to check the corn patch where placed and a doe was standing not more than 10 feet from the radio. The doe died while the radio was playing, "Young Love, First Love."

The radio did help by masking my footsteps. She didn't hear me approaching.

Jerry