nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cedar Apple Rust

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cedar Apple Rust
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:48:50 -0700

Don,

Most organic growers still spray. There seems to be a common feeling that
organic growers do nothing beyond use of resistant varieties and
encouragement of beneficial insects. I've always gardened organically, and
always sprayed my apple and peach trees to prevent bacterial and fungal
diseases. Organic fungicide spray concentrates are widely available. They
can be applied weekly from bud break until mid-spring to control cedar apple
rust.

Stephen Sadler
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate