nafex - [NAFEX] Apple problem?

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple problem?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:21:30 -0400

Hello,

Does anybody have experience with Court Pendu Plat apple?

Every season my leaves curl inwards lengthwise, and by the end of the season are green, but brittle.

For two years I thought it may be powdery mildew. There is no evidence of mildew though, it just resembles the pictures;

http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/disease_descriptions/disease_images/photo2-1.jpg

There is no insect damage, or any insects rolling the leaves.

I used Bordo spray and that has not helped either. Yet everyone indicates how easy powdery mildew is to control. I am having no luck, and wonder if it is not a varietal problem.

Not a common apple anyway, and I can only buy over the counter sprays..

Thanks,
Tom