nafex - [NAFEX] Drops, Apricot

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Drops, Apricot
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:41:48 -0400

I know there's been alot of back and forth about drops, regarding apple.  Generally because of the risk of the new E. coli variety (whose acrynomen I can't remember) I don't use drops.  But my apricot has dropped a significant percentage of fruit, and though some of it is damaged and ruined, some seems perfect.  If I would can the fruit (sugar syrup, hot water (boiling?) water bath) would it be ok to use them that way?

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W