nafex - [NAFEX] Other wildlife feeding

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Other wildlife feeding
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:38:26 -0500

I tried heavily perfumed soap to thwart the deer and all it did was to
keep the elephants away - of course that worked because elephants don't live
here.
The only thing that really kept deer from my trees was bags of powdered
bloodroot. Bloodroot grows in the woods here in Minnesota but it is not
unusual to find it in herb shops as it has medicinal properties. One word
of caution, though, if you grind your own, STAY UPWIND because bloodroot
hurts the nose 100 times worse than freshly ground horseradish.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm

  • [NAFEX] Other wildlife feeding, Jim Fruth, 06/26/2006