nafex - [NAFEX] Jim's Red Beads for Birds

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Jim's Red Beads for Birds
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:23:40 -0500

Hey Richard,
Beads are beads by whatever color you want and they have a hole in them
for stringing them up - I use a wire and hang them like a Christmas tree
bulb. I buy them at the local craft supply store here in town buying as
true to size as possible for the berries I want to mimic. For most fruits I
use round (spherical) beads and a special bead, called "berry beads" that
look strikingly like a raspberry for the raspberry patch.
I remove the beads just when the first fruit is ready for harvesting.
Visitors to my garden/orchard are always fooled by the beads expressing
surprise when they just picked a fake berry. Hey, it fools
people...................and birds.
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm