nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tomato Set?

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tomato Set?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:58:10 -0500

Tom,

Some "tomato set" sprays do contain gibberellins (GA3) and IBA, but others
may contain 4-CPA or other plant growth regulators and not GA3, which is
what I assume you are looking for. The GA3 in tomato set sprays is usually
at a concentration of around 0.0001%, which is probably way too low for seed
treatment. If you are looking for GA3 for seed treament, look here,
http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/GibberellicAcid.htm.

Hal
zn 6b, TN