nafex - [NAFEX] Peach Tree Borers:

  • From: "eric" <plumhillfarm@gmavt.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Peach Tree Borers:
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:47:21 -0400

Title: Message
Hello, Peach tree borers (Lessor Peach Tree borers to be exact) have found our orchard of peaches, plums and cherries. We have never had them before and I am unsure exactly how to deal with them. I purchased some "AZA-Direct" which is a Neem oil based product and would like some advice on best way to use it. The literature says the peach tree borers start flying the second week in June (now), and as soon as it stops raining (if ever) I plan on soaking down the trunks and limbs of the trees. Has anyone used this type of material? Is there something I should add to it (oil?) to help keep it on the trees? this will be a trunk only applications. The label only says use 1-3 pint per 100 gal depending on pest pressure. What oher methods are effective against these borers?

Thanks, Eric White
zone 4, Vermont

  • [NAFEX] Peach Tree Borers:, eric, 06/11/2006